
I invited my sister and her family over for family night. I had the table all decorated when they got here, they were so excited, they didn't know what was coming. We started the night with a nice sit down dinner, because, at my house, this seems to rarely happen. We had fun just talking and visiting with each other.



We started Family Night, by breaking into groups. We put the kids that couldn't read with an adult. Then we looked up LOVE in the scriptures index. Everyone picked a scripture and read it. But if someone in the group ahead of you read that scripture, you had to find a new one. Then we talked about love, and why its important to show others. Then we played games.


Amy (my sister) helped me to put all the games together, and this one is a calendar of February. They each took two turns dropping a penny, and whoever had the highest score won. But on a few of the days, there were things they had to do, like stand on their head, sing a song, do a somer sault. As a treat for every game, they each got a Hershey Kiss, regardless of winning.

We had heart puzzles for each of the kids. They all had to put them together. Abby got done and said " I don't need this piece." We all laughed, her heart was square!


For this game, we had about 45 paper hearts, and put them on the blanket, when I said "Hearts Fly" the kids pulled the blanket tight, and the hearts flew everywhere, then whoever picked up the most hearts, won! We played over, and over they couldn't get enough of it.


The kids had to shoot the bow and arrow, (suction cup arrows) onto the heart. The closest one to the center, won. I used my balloons from my centerpiece for prizes, and the kids loved it. We taped the heart outside the door, so that the arrows could stick to the window. We ended the night with heart shaped cookies for our Family Night Treat. The kids had a blast, so I would call it a success!!! Happy Valentines Day!
5 comments:
I was going to do that hearts fly game with the kids. Was that in the Friend? I can't remember where I saw it. Anyway what a fun night, looks like you guys had a great time.
How fun!
I found where I saw that.... Luke is in a preschool at the resource center and it was on his homework from last week. I love sugardoodle too. My sister told me about it, she used the baptismal packets from it, I think I will too.
Jessica you are awesome. It's been a long time since I planned something that fun for our kids/family. I have been thinking of what to do for Valentine's and now it is already here and I still haven't planned anything... thanks for posting so many great ideas. :)
You always know how to entertain your kids...you are really creative!!
Im glad you had a blast!
Post a Comment