Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Brother, the RM

I am still playing catch-up, so bear with me please. My brother John, we call him Johnny, returned home from serving an LDS mission in Louisville, Kentucky on June 27. I wasn't able to go to the airport to see him, so he decided to come to the park where I was doing a booth and surprise us. Leah, who is a little shy with everyone at first, took to him right away and ran up and gave him a great big hug. She was not quite a year old when he left. It was so fun to see him. The kids were thrilled to see him, and still just hang all over him.

They couldn't get enough of him, and he walked around the whole day like this. Always with one or two kids attached to him. We spent the day and evening at the park, and that night they had fireworks and the kids played on the playground. It was a good day, and we love having him home! He is number 6 of the 11 kids. I can't believe I am old enough to have a little brother home from a mission!

No comments: