Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cutting Down Our Christmas Tree

This year we thought it would be a lot of fun to take the kids and cut down our own tree. Not to mention its cheaper than buying one from a lot. We bundled up everyone and headed out. It was so much fun. We had to get out a couple times and take closer looks at some trees, but in the end we found a great one.


I know they are kind of dark, it was getting dark fast out there. Abby is helping Rich pull the tree across the little stream that they had to cross. They loved helping Rich use the saw and Leah and I were content to stand and watch. It was so much fun and I think a new tradition for our family. As soon as Rich downloads the rest of the pictures you can see a final product. It fits prefect for our house and I love the smell of fresh trees. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Looks like a great tree!

Kristi Rowley said...

Nothing better than cutting it yourself!

Anonymous said...

Family traditions are so much fun! Have super fun and great christmas! Hugs and kisses!

madfam said...

omygosh...how stinken cute is your blog...i love it!! and we did cut our tree a couple of times a few years ago and it was fun ..what a beautiful tradition to have...