Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Parties

For Christmas this year we celebrated with Richs family the day after Christmas. It was so much fun, and great that everyone was there. Including Grandma Perry. My kids love to play with their cousins and it so much fun and chaotic when we are all together. I wouldn't change it for anything.

The kids are playing christmas songs with chimes, they had a lot of fun with it.
Here is Samantha with Rich, he loved it that she was happy with only him. She loved playing peek a boo with his hat.


At my parents house we have our party on Christmas eve. My uncle Gregg every year reads The Polar Express. The kids love it, and someone is always hiding in the room with a bell to ring.

We do the nativity, this year Abby was Mary, with the newest baby in our family. Charitys little baby Tyler. They were all so cute, and they love to get dressed and acting out their rolls while Grandpa reads the story from the scriptures.


For the gift exchange, whoever wants to participate brings a gift. We did Emergency Preparedness items, or Food Storage. Everyone puts their gift in the middle and draws numbers. Number 1 goes first, and then so on. As you play it, you can take a gift from the middle or steal one that has already been opened. Its a lot of fun, especially if you bring the gift that everyone fights over. It was a great Christmas, and we love to spend it with our families, I love that both of our families are close and we get to see them often.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun. I love that you do the nativity. I might have to incorporate the Polar Express reading into our Christmas, I'm sure the kids would love it.

Nicole Norris said...

Your family is so dang cute. They always know how to have a great time!