
Today Nathan started Preschool! I am down to one child at home, and I am not sure what to do. Though my list is plenty long of things that I need to do. Last week we had an assessment done on Nathan to see if he had speech problems, some people just can't quite understand him (me included). The assessment was for learning disabilities, and the preschool is right inside of the Elementary School with Abby, so we thought that it would be perfect if he qualified. Did I mention that it would be free? It is a state subsidized program, so it would be free to attend. We went in, and her blew through it with flying colors. The average child in there would be a 3 out of 5. Nathan was a 5 plus in everything. They told me that his speech was right on target for his age. But if there was a problem next year when he was to start kindergarten, then he could be in a speech therapy class. I was disappointed, because I knew he needed the interaction, and the teachers are both licensed speech pathologists. So we thought that we would have to find another school to get him enrolled. On our way out, they said they would love to have him to help teach the other children in the class correct classroom behavior (those of you that know Nate will be surprised at that!) He did so well in the assessment, that they were begging me to let him be in the class. The can accept tuition payment for so many children each year. So to make a long story a little shorter, he got to start today. I am excited that there are teachers there, that can help him work on his speech, and he gets a little time away from home every day. When I dropped him off, he didn't care that I was leaving, he just wanted to know if he could play with the toys yet. I think that he will have a lot of fun, and it gives me two and a half hours of silence at home every day.

This is Nate's friend Kyla. It was her first day of Kindergarten today. So after I dropped off Nate we took her to her school. They were both very excited for their first days.

This is his classroom, and when they get to school, they are to find their name on the school bus, and then put it in their cubby. So the teacher knows who is at school for the day.
4 comments:
Oh yea! I took BOTH my babies to preschool today. So that left me home with NO one. NO one at all. So I went to work. That either means I should have more kids, or just enjoy my life now. Not sure what I'll do.
I'm glad Nate is in preschool. They learn so much there and it really helps them get ready for kindergarten. Also, I love that you always remember to take pics. I never do. I'm a bad memory keeper.
KL
I find myself wondering each day what to do with my "free time" of having only one child. Usually I imagine all the possiblities long enough to get nothing done but turn around and pick Kaylee up! I am getting better, though. I haven't forgotten about the bow party,.... just very lazy. I will get with you by tomorrow, if I don't call me and pester me!!! I really am excited, just a bad planner!
Hunter will start preschool on Friday, but I am still doing daycare so I won't get any silence at my house. Enjoy it while you still can. How does he like preschool so far?
Nate is loving preschool, and wants to go every day. I am enjoying the quiet time, and loving the one on one time with Leah. I asked him what his favorite thing to do at school is, and he said it was playing with the toys. He wants to come home and do homework with Abby, so I am trying to come up with stuff for him to do to. But he is loving it, which makes it easier to get him out the door each day!
Post a Comment