Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Activities

Warning: Picture overload. I needed to get these all done so I can move past Easter, so you are getting them all in one post. Leah and Brooklyn are helping me stuff the eggs. I know its a ton, but when you have 4 egg hunts to go to with 5 kids, it barely cut it. They were so cute, and loved being helpful.


On Monday before Easter, we dyed eggs. There are some extras here that showed up, but the more the merrier right!
Leah just loved it, and I just let her do her thing. For those that were wondering...her hair really is that dark now. Its crazy, maybe it will lighten up during summer, who knows?

On Tuesday we made and decorated sugar cookies, they had so much fun. I just noticed this one is a bit blurry, sorry.

On Wednesday we made a decorated cupcakes with coconut grass and made chocolate suckers and bunnies to put on top. And so that you all know, only a half dozen of all these treats stayed at my house. I quickly delivered them to neighbors and friends. The good thing with this pregnancy is that I am not craving sugar, so that wasn't hard at all! But, bring on the steak and potatoes!!
On Thursday we made chocolate chip cookies, but no pictures, the kids wanted to take some to their friends and teachers at school. On Saturday we hit the stores for the egg hunts, and then to grandmas. Pictures of that later. We came back and made rice crispy treat eggs and dipped them in chocolate and sprinkles. The kids had so much fun with this. We then wrapped them up and the Easter bunny hid them around the house for us to find the next day.

Here is the Bunny photos, as you can tell Abby was less than anxious to have her picture taken.
Nate thought it was pretty cool, and especially after he got treats out of the basket.
Leah was a bit nervous, but loved it by the end, it was a long day. But hopefully some memories!

4 comments:

Peter and Emily said...

That looks like fun. I especially like the rice-crispy Easter egg idea. What a good idea! Hope you are doing well.

Sandra said...

Great pics. I love those cupcakes with the chocolate succors how fun!!! They look great. The rice crispy treats look yummy too.

Kristi Rowley said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's so good to see the kids. I miss all of you and can't wait to see you.

rachwheel said...

Steak and potatoes huh? That's great. You are amazing at dessert type foods...how do you have the energy to do all that? That's awesome...unfortunately, I've craved sugar and chocolate like crazy the last three pregnancies, to the point that I lost all appetite and desire or motivation to cook decent meals. I remember with Hyrum though, it was meat and potatoes same as you. Think my body's going to suffer in the long run.
Happy you had fun. You are amazing Jessica! So talented and capable.