Abby has informed me that she would like a white dress for her baptism, as I have looked around I have realized that I could spend a small fortune on one. For a dress that will probably get worn less that a dozen times I don't want to spend a lot. So, here is the question. Did your daughter(s) wear a white dress for their baptism? and if so where did you find it? Thanks for the help!
11 comments:
I never saw the white dress thing til Lindsay's baptism. I got Brindley's at Jolene's in the mall. I just looked this morning online at dressedinwhite.com. They have several there. I've also seen them at JCPenny.com. They are pricey though.
I found Danika's at the mall at Jolenes. It was on clearance for 20 bucks. I know what you mean about spending a fortune man they are expensive. Good luck.
Have you tried the distribution center. It seems like when I was looking for a temple dress for me they had baptism dresses also. I don't remember how much they were. I think the white dress thing is new. I have only seen it since we moved down here. Crazy that she'll be 8 in june. All our kids are growing up soo fast:)
TJ MZX last year I saw a lot of white dresses for little girls but it is hit and miss. I would just make her one. Do you sew? All you need is a white t-shirt and yard of white fabric and you could make this... really easy. http://sewinginthesuburbs.blogspot.com/2010/04/partially-upcycled-t-shirt-dresses-for.html Then you could make a white flower and sew it to the hip. SUPER CUTE. However, she doesn't have to wear white. There are no rules about it.
I actually had a white dress when I got baptized and was actually baptized in it! It was kind of cool. But, I agree they are expensive. Try Jolenes or even Ebay.
Adriana wanted one as well. We bought hers at White Elegance for 50 bucks. It was pretty, but probably won't be worn much. I guess that goes for a blessing gown as well. Too bad you don't live closer, you could borrow it.
Congrats on another girl! I don't think you can ever go wrong with it either being a boy or girl. 2 more weeks till we find out.
I wore a red and white dress when I was baptised. I don't think it really matters. I don't know where you get them. I am so much help.
The dress definately doesn't have to be a specific color, but if that's what she has her heart set on, I think it would be special for her. And I don't know what she'll do, but my girls wore theirs MANY times to church. They also both wore them to one of the temple open houses and felt like it was very special to wear white to the temple. We didn't spend more than $50 on either of the dresses, and I definately felt like we got that much use out of them.
Addy also had her heart set on a white dress. I found it at Jolene's in the mall and it was pretty expensive. She wore it to her baptism and church the next day. You are more then welcome to borrow hers if you would like. I would love to see it on another cute little girl instead of in the closet! I also know a lady that makes DARLING hair bows and flowers to match! ;)
I wasn't going to get a white dress for Zipporah (because she is notorious for spilling on lighter colored clothing) but my mom found one at Cosco and she got it. I think it was an Easter display so they might not have them any more?
My aunt who sews made a white dress for her grand-daughters to actually be baptized in and then they get to choose a dress for after. With you having more than one girl you should be able to get some wear out of a nice dress though! I can't believe they are getting baptized so soon.
"Dressed in White" has the most amazing things! They have this "cinderella dress" for 40 bucks http://www.dressedinwhite.com/index.php/children/dresses/cinderella-dress.html
Post a Comment