
Be prepared for the longest slideshow ever! I realized I haven't written anything about the day she was born. But I promised pictures, so here they are!! I was supposed to be induced on Tuesday the 7th...I called first thing in the morning, but they had had a busy night and a lot of first time moms had come in, in labor. So they had me call back every 2 hours. At 3 they told me they would call me. They called at 7, because my doctor had said no matter what I would go in that day, well they still had a full house and told me to call back in the morning. I was devastated, and lost it. I cried, and was upset all night. Silly I know, but I had planned on that day for weeks and I was ready to be done. So the next morning I called and the had me come in at 7:15. We got there and checked in, and by the time I was hooked up to the pit it was about 9. The doctor came and broke my water just shortly after that.
I got my epidural at 10:30, and it took forever, they had run out of their usual supplies, and they had different ones that were not working as well, so it took a bit longer to get it in. my nurse just kept saying you are going to go fast, but I had my doubts. After my epidural I was at a 3 plus, and then she checked my at 12:30 and I was at a 5. She told me to call her if I felt any pressure, but I thought it would be a while. 20 minutes later, I told Rich I was in a lot of pain, to go get the nurse. She came in a few minutes later, and sure enough I was ready to go!
They called my doctor and he came 10 minutes later. By the time they got everything set up, I pushed through 2 contractions and she was here. I was shocked at how fast and easy it had gone. She was perfect, weighing in at 8 lbs and 12 oz. (which is exactly what I had guessed!) She was 20 inches long, and born at 1:25 p.m.
As you can tell, she is very spoiled, we love her lots. The kids all fight over who gets to hold her first in the morning and then who gets her when they get home from school. Brylee is such a good baby, very content and sleeping pretty well. I get usually 4 hours between feedings. I feel like I am playing house this time around, playing dress-up with the baby. I have loved all my babies, but I feel like this time around I am really enjoying it. I'm not stressed about such a strict schedule and worried about making mistakes. I just sit and hold her most of the day, with my other ones I as working a week after they were born, and there was no time to just sit. I love having her sweet little spirit in our home, she is just perfect.
We will be blessing her next weekend and I am excited for family to be here with us!



.jpg)
8 comments:
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Makes me cry. It's so not fair that I haven't got to hold her yet. Love and miss you guys.
You know I was getting induced with Jacob a week early because Kevin's parents were here. Since they live in Missouri I wanted to give them as much time with the new little baby as they could. I remember crying over not having him on a specific day. I was in the hospital ready on the 29th but the doc was with another patient well it was 1:03 he was born the next morning.....same birthday as his big brother. I was sad but now that I think about it, it's not that big of a deal. They share a birthday but they are four years apart. I always get really emotional when it's about time to deliver so I completely understand how sad you were about not getting in on the day you expected. I felt pushed into having the baby so I think I was a big on the cranky side too. Now that I look back I don't see why I was so worried about the whole thing. I bet she is loved loved loved. I want to hold her just seeing the pictures :) She is the cutest baby!
Oh how frustrating. I know when we women decide on how something is going to work out and then it doesn't go that way it is frustrating. I am glad the delivery went so well. Allie did the same thing and progressed really fast. I had never felt that pressure and was surprised. she is a sweet heart and I am glad you have the time to just enjoy your baby.
Wow! What a fast labor. That's great!
I was set for a few days late with my last one...but seven days was a little too long. And that's the earliest they could induce me. It ended up that I went into labor on my own.
I'm so glad things went smoothly and that she's such a good baby!
I also have really enjoyed my fourth. Not worried about things so much, and just savored every moment with her.
You have a beautiful and happy familY!
She is such a CUTIE!!! And THANKS for helping out on the blog - followed your instructions and it worked great!!!
She is sooooooooooo cute. I miss having a baby in the house but since the husband says that we are done I will have to live vicariously through others. :) Congratulations!
So cool that she just wanted to come, just like my Skye. And she looks adorable. Do you just snuggle her all day long? Well, and your other kids. they are pretty darn cute too.
Funny that we never see eachother but live so close. I will have to go on a walk over to your house, or if you in my area please come stop by.
So cool that she just wanted to come, just like my Skye. And she looks adorable. Do you just snuggle her all day long? Well, and your other kids. they are pretty darn cute too.
Funny that we never see eachother but live so close. I will have to go on a walk over to your house, or if you in my area please come stop by.
Post a Comment