Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stitches

Do you like that look? Its one that I get a lot!! This was just shortly after she tried to fly...(she is in pajamas because it was pajama day for preschool) She tried to fly off of the stool in my dining room. I watched it all happen in slow motion, her pant leg of her pajamas caught on the top of the stool which caused her to fall instead of landing on her feet. It also knocked over the bar stool. My stools are metal and have a large knob on top with a rim around them. It hit her square in the forehead. It also gave her a big goose egg right between her eyes.
I panicked and called Jolene to come and look at it because it just started bleeding EVERYWHERE! We got it cleaned up and it was actually not too bad. (The band-aid covered it.) I just didn't know if I needed to take her in or not. We sat and went back and forth and finally decided that she was fine. Shortly after another one of my good friends stopped by for a minute and I told her what had happened, her husband works in the ER at the hospital. She looked at it and said she probably would need stitches but would have her husband stop and look at it.


Can I just say...again...I have amazing neighbors! He stopped and took a look and said we should do some stitches in it. He went home and got his stuff and just did it in the living room. It was so nice not to have to deal with a bunch of doctors and nurses, because if you know Leah she is very shy at first and freaks out in large crowds. Leah did so good, she didn't even move. He put some numbing stuff on it and then put a few shots in her forehead. Her daddy may have been more nervous than her.

We ended up with 5 stitches, and he did an amazing job!! The scar is fading more and more everyday and it looks great! Leah was such a trooper, and now whenever she sees our neighbor at church she tells me...Mom, I like him, he put it my stitches!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Holy cow that is so awesome!!! Well not that she had to have stitches but that your neighbor would come and do that! LOL on the face...I get that face a lot too :)

Isabel said...

Wow, how scary! You do have some awesome neighbors and Im so glad she didnt get hurt worse!