Saturday, August 27, 2011

SuMmEr!!


Here is a little bit of what we have been doing this summer. The kids had swimming lessons at the end of June, they all did very well. Nathan and Leah advanced to the next level. Abby did great also, they would just like her to work on tredding water a little more. I completely agree!! I want my kids to be comfortable in the water and could save themselves if it was needed!!

For Father's Day we got together with Rich's family and made these cute "grill" cupcakes. We had steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and shish kabobs. So cute! Very yummy also!

The kids love to play on the trampoline, in fact I didn't even know these pictures existed. They must have had fun one day doing all their tricks.


The end of June we went down south to a Harold family reunion. It was so much fun. This is my Grandpa holding Brylee. This was their first meeting. I just love him!
Here are some of the family members that are named after him. His name is Raymond, and everyone has the middle name of Rae in his honor. We are missing 2 others. It was a fun idea for a picture.
I have finally convinced Rich to build a treehouse for our kids. I always wanted one growing up, so here it is...Our tree died and so it was the perfect spot to start. Its not quite done yet, but I will get some pictures up when I get it all painted. The kids are super excited for it to be finished. Its just been too hot to work very long on it.

We have started something pretty fun for family night. The kids love it and can't wait to find out their role. Rich or I will pick a scripture story and then one of the kids is assigned to read it and be able to tell the story. They get to assign each of the family members a part in the story. Everyone dresses up for their role, and then we act it out as a family. Here we are as Lehi's family, Nathan is Nephi who breaks his bow. I wish I would have recorded it, it was awesome!! It has helped us in being more consistent with our lesson too. The kids don't forget! Even Brylee got to be a part of it!

No comments: