Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Abby is 9


I have a 9 year old! Abby has grown up so much in this last year, she is such a good babysitter with all the kids. I know I can trust her above anyone else (besides an adult) with Brylee. Brylee loves her and will dive out of my arms to her. She is so willing to help and loves to be with the adults and part of the conversation. She is a lot like me that way. She is definitely the oldest and tries to handle everything even with mom and dad right in the room. She is going into fourth grade and has gotten her first male teacher. She is pretty excited!! ( I also had my first male teacher in fourth grade...his name was Mr. Rock. I loved that class and have so many great memories. I hope she will too.) We had a nice quiet birthday, last year we did birthdays with friends so this year was a little more low key.
She got a new case for for DS, that can hold all her games. (I love that everything is in one place!)
With Jakelle, such cute girls!!
Everyone is getting in on the action, I thought it was pretty cute.
Grandma and Grandpa Rowley brought her this awesome earring holder...I LOVE IT!!!!

For her birthday this year, Rich had a friend call Abby's name into the radio station. She won!! She won a birthday cake from Shaffers bakery, Ice Cream from Caspers, A stuffed animal from Coppins Hallmark, and Lunch from Papa Kelsey and Henry's. Her dad woke her up so that she could hear the contest on the radio and hear her name being called. (we knew she was going to win.) She was so ecstatic about it all day long. It was so much fun for her.
For dessert all she wanted was to go to Angie's and clean the kitchen sink. We invited Jakelle to come with us and Megan was staying the night so they got to join in on the fun! Johnny and Mysha and her sister met us there, so we got 2 sinks. The kids had a blast, it was a great time had by all!!
Happy Birthday ABBY!!!!!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday...well belated anyway he he. Looks like she had a fabulous day. It's amazing how grown up she is. Kids....they grow too fast!

Bethany said...

I'm pretty sure Abbey started preschool when you started watching William. They grow up fast, don't they?

Nicole Norris said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I wanted to tell you that I think the top header picture of your kids is so dang cute! I love Abby's hair she looks so grown up.

Isabel said...

Gosh, such darn cute kids! They looks so happy, I love that! You are such an awesome mom :). It looks like so much fun! Everytime I look at your pictures, it makes me want to move to Logan so bad!